Broadband reliability built in
As fire service personnel, having the right tools improves response. You and your department rely on mobile applications to provide computer aided dispatching, mapping tools, patient care reporting, and hazardous materials information. But during emergencies or large events, congestion on commercial networks can make your vital data sources unreachable or unreliable.
Whether sending images of wildfires or downloading building plans, FirstNet will provide fire personnel with improved network coverage and true priority. The FirstNet network will also enable you to:
- Share images and video, or access weather and traffic data for a clearer operational picture as incidents unfold
- Quickly and reliably connect to other agencies and jurisdictions as an emergency unfolds
- Track assets and personnel
- Take the network along to remote locations
- Use mapping applications that share lookout positions, escape routes, safety zones, and water sources
Through a robust consultation effort with states, territories, tribes, public safety associations, first responders, and its Public Safety Advisory Committee, FirstNet has turned to fire personnel as a guiding force in network planning to help ensure the network meets your needs.
Complementing radio networks
The launch of the network will provide mission critical, high‐speed data services and non-mission-critical voice to augment the capabilities of today’s Land Mobile Radio (LMR) systems.