With the potential for millions of users on a single LTE network, FirstNet hopes to foster creation of a new ecosystem in which entities compete to deliver applications and other services through the FirstNet network. The nationwide scale brought by FirstNet will maximize the value of every public safety dollar spent by allowing public safety end-users to take advantage of an increasingly competitive marketplace.
FirstNet is taking a “for public safety, by public safety” approach to planning and deploying the network. Through its consultation and outreach program, FirstNet has worked hand-in-hand with the public safety community to understand the capacity, coverage, service, and other public-safety-grade features they need to communicate and use 21st-century tools on the job.
- Use new audio reporting tools in the field that will help you be more efficient
- Access photos and real-time audio/video feeds
- Improve your situational awareness with mapping and asset tracking tools
- Share images and video, or access weather and traffic data for a clearer operational picture as incidents unfold
- Quickly and reliably connect to other agencies and jurisdictions as an emergency unfolds
- Track assets and personnel
- Take the network along to remote locations
- Use mapping applications that share lookout positions, escape routes, safety zones, and water sources
- Connect Public Safety Answering Points to and from first-responder resources, providing improved situational awareness.
- Augment on-scene reports with images, videos, geolocation, and weather and traffic data
- Track assets, such as vehicles and personnel